Here are some interesting Facebook statistics you probably didn’t know:
• As of October 2013, there are over 1.5 billion Facebook users worldwide; this marks a 23% increase from March 2012.
• Around 699 million users log onto Facebook daily; marking a 26% increase from last year.
• There are 819 million active mobile Facebook users; this represents a 54% increase from 2012.
• In September 2013, there were 727 million daily active users on average, approximately 80% of which lie outside the U.S. and Canada.
• At 29.7%, the most common age demographic of Facebook users is between 25 and 34 years old.
• Around 50% of users aged 18-24 log onto Facebook when they wake up.
• 47% of Facebook users are males, 53% are females.
• The highest traffic is experienced mid-week, between 1-3 pm
• An average user spends about 20 minutes per Facebook visit and around 55 minutes per day.
• As of May 2013, 16 million local business pages have been created; this marks a 100% increase from June 2012.
What this means is that statistically, Facebook is too big to ignore.